Collections >An Ift of Efts
An Ift of Efts
Contemporary Music for Scottish Pipes
Listen to Samples
View a sample page
Read a review by 'Piping Today'
- A diverse and adventurous collection of 70 original compositions and contemporary arrangements, including several from the Manawatu Scottish Pipe Band’s recent albums
- Harmonies and countermelodies included for over 25 tunes; ideal for piping ensembles and pipe bands
- Chord symbols added above each tune for guitarists, pianists, and other accompanists
- Supporting background information on the composers and their music
- Some melodies feature alternate tunings (e.g. C- and F-natural)
- Accompanying artwork by Scott Greenaway
- Spiral-bound for convenience
- Also a great resource for fiddlers, whistle players, and other non-pipers
- Tunes range from easy to very difficult
- Includes original tunes by Timothy Cummings, as well as Nate Banton, Helen Fisher, James Houston-MacMillan, Scott MacAulay, Ward MacDonald, P/M Iain MacHarg, P/M Stew McKenzie, Dougie MacLean, Jeremiah McLane, Myles Matteson, Tyler Matteson, Grant Milne, Bruce Omundsen, Pete Sutherland, Thomas Zoeller, and others.
- Selections include “The Calling”, “The Gael” (march and jig versions), “Wondrous Love” (band version), “Gog & Magog”, “Snappy the Snail”, “The Road to Lipetsk”, “Last Summer's Reel”, “The Ballerina Tune”, “Mhorag’s Fury”, “Hard Earth”, “Poyntzfield”, and many more.
- Companion CD available! A supplementary audio CD with 62 of the 70 tunes recorded on Scottish smallpipes, Highland pipes, Border pipes, and A-whistle (with occasional guitar backing). The professionally-recorded CD comes in an adhesive envelope that can be affixed to the inside cover of your tune book. **CD sold separately** (see Ordering).